Videoezy is such a sinful place. Everytime i go down to a video store, i just go wild and start picking every dvd that looks appealing, almost as if they were free. Sheesh. Sometimes i even have a list, just like im going grocery shopping or something. I cant believe it. This is driving me nuts. I wanna work in a video store.
Anyway, had a movie marathon last night cos 3 of the new releases were only overnight rentals. Eternal Sunshine was pretty cool, kinda reminded me a little of The Butterfly Effect. Before Sunset was no-frills but definitely poignant. And omg, The Notebook was...was...a tearjerker. I was practically bawling like shit. Just like how i did for A Walk to Remember. Man, Nicholas Sparks is good.
In fact, i almost wanted to trade The Notebook for Saved, but thankfully the latter was all rented out so i still ended up with the former. No regrets at all. Plus, i think the order that i watched the films in (from most eager to least enthusiastic) gave me an exceptional surprise cos I've all along imagined Eternal Sunshine to be the best among the three. Not that it's worse than The Notebook or anything though. The cinematography and editing were excellent, but i reckon it's because i saw traces of The Butterfly Effect in it hence i wasnt as blown away. As for Before Sunset, i would say it's definitely not a typical popcorn-moviegoer's choice since it's mainly no action and all dialogue. Still, it's simple but powerful. Finally, The Notebook. Sigh, it's been eons since i last cried like that watching a movie. The cinematography and mise-en-scene were b-e-a-u-tiful. The chemistry was electric and its good ol' fashion romance. Love it. I wanna get the dvd.
I've got another 2 weeklies as well - Donnie Darko and Election. Wanna watch them but i feel so obliged to do my work first. Friday man, Friday!
Ooh and i cant wait for Sin City and Red Eye to come out. Dammit. Films are becoming a very bad addiction.


No comments:
Post a Comment