Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Man...just did some bloody backbreaking housework. And it's not even around the house, just my bathroom. Dont know what the hell came over me today and i just decided to do some cleaning. Took me 2 1/2 hours just to scrub one bathroom! Yes, you imagine how terribly filthy it is. But it's mainly because of the bathtub. I really detest bathtubs. Isnt a normal shower recess easier for a bath? Grr.

Anyway, yeah so the whole time i was scrubbing away, without even realising that i had no gloves on despite using a bleach detergent. I shudder to think of whatever side-effects that moment of foolishness may result in, but now my skin feels really dry and slightly numb. Hm.

I think housework is really an excellent way to spend some time alone without even having any thoughts on your mind. It's not like when you have those barrage of thoughts running through your head when you can't sleep at night. Here it's just scrub, scrub, scrub. Your attention is not even entirely focused on getting the grime and dirt out. It's just like your brain hangs and your hands are just mechanically doing the work. Your brain's just inert during the whole process. I guess maybe that's why characters in those dramas tend to resort to doing housework to forget their troubles and what not. It does make your mind really stoned. Try it.

No comments: