Friday, August 25, 2006

While walking to Woolies just now, Erline and i got hurled a racist remark by some white kiddo driving past. Dont know whether to feel affected or not since it's not the first of such cases anyway. That guy was prolly just being vocal compared to most of the rest i guess. But yeah, the reason why i dont like it when people (particularly those i know) make such discriminating remarks against others is because im a victim myself so i know how it feels like to be the target of one. Trust me, it's not a feeling you want to experience. As much as we always try to shrug it off and claim that it's no big a deal; it still does get to you. I know it's impossible to rid the world of such things, but im sure if everyone just tries to be more sensitive and as Atticus Finch would say, "climb inside his skin and walk around in it"; this would be a much more lovely place to live in, wouldn't it?

* * *


I dont know whether i wrote the right thing for my text review. I hope Ron accepts it. He might be a lenient marker but i dont wanna screw up any chances of getting a distinction even though this assignment is just 15%. i think i have to keep reminding myself that it's a 50 credit unit. Double the marks Christina Koh! Double the marks! I hate it when i start doubting whatever i do. Sigh. I seriously gotta stop being such a lazy ass and start bucking up so that i can glamorously get out of this shithole for good. With that said, im going to start doing my mci readings and logs in advance from tomorrow, no, today onwards. Bring it on!

No comments: