Wednesday, December 18, 2002

My Own Prison

Im no longer the person i used to be. My life seems to have undergone a drastic change. Im only living in a cold, dark world of my own and everything around me is virtual. I can see them, but once i start to reach out for them, my hand only grasps the chilly air. I hear voices yelling at me, screaming in my ear, controlling me...I dont know who i am anymore. Although i seem to be surviving in a perfectly humane environment, it is but just a false hope. My true presence isnt felt, even by myself. My existance, my identity, my life - nothing is the same anymore. I cant seem to go back, there isnt a way out at all. Im locked up in my own prison forever. Is this what age and society brings? An artificial surrounding, sterile and loveless. All that's embracing me are vague images of my so-called life. Im only living a day at a time, doing what im instructed, trying to stay fit in world where everyone's just a stranger. I dont know what im truly living for - others perhaps. Or maybe its a punishment for me to live on. Every day my mind's just straying, wondering who i really am. It's all so unfamiliar, so distant and so virtual. The other world shouldnt be like this at all. If only i could escape from this nightmare...a nightmare i can never wake up from...

No comments: