Murder Of Our Own Sentiment
I dont know if i should regret or whether i should accept the way things are now. I realised yesterday that several others were also having similar thoughts as me regarding the dance fest issue. Its less than a week away and we dont even have the time to practice and all, especially with the loads of work that Fluffy has piled on us this weekend. This makes us all so bothered and frustrated that some of us wished we could just withdraw from the darn competition. Yet, it seems such a hard thing to do just opening our mouths, suggesting that we pull out since there's still time. I could tell yesterday that some of us who turned up were a little reluctant to engage ourselves in such activities, particularly in this crucial half of the year. I wouldnt deny that i was one of them, cos deep down while practising, i was thinking of how to complete all the history assignments rather than perfecting our moves.
However, later on when i was asked if we would want to withdraw, i was tongue-tied. Simply cos i didnt know how to nod my head in approval in such a tensed situation, although the voice inside me continuously yelled 'Yes! Withdraw! Withdraw! Withdraw!'. Instead, i gave my usual, diplomatic reply of 'Anything'. I dont know if this was a stupid thing to say or if i disappointed those who wanted to drop out, but i just couldnt bring myself to oppose someone who wanted to do this dance so badly. Now, every minute when i come to be bothered by having to practice everyday at the expense of my work and personal time, i dont know if im regretting what i said yesterday or just stressing myself out. I just wished all this never started in the first place.


No comments:
Post a Comment