Friday, June 21, 2002

Soccer Fever...

My oh my, what can I say...I've been hit by the WC fever! And it just had to occur at such a time like this?! Today's England vs Brazil match totally got me hooked on the game and now I can't study in peace without catching the action! Sigh, I was rather disppointed that England lost to Brazil. I had hoped for at least an equaliser (I would have felt sad if either team lost cos I really support both). Thought that England's first goal would put them in the lead...but never did I expect that Brazil would have caught up so soon. I wouldn't exactly call it an exhilarating match, but I must say that it was indeed an amusing one! Rivaldo's horrible acting skills, England's anxiety in telling the referee not to waste time etc. really had me burst out in laughter. Well, anyway, it's all over and England did a good job though. Brazil's attacks were too strong (come on, with Ronaldinho?! It had to be!) But England truly deserves praise for their powerful defences (unlike the USA's...sigh).

No comments: