Time and tide waits for no Man. But is Man even bothered?
Yes, yes, yes. I am procrastinating AGAIN. I know full well that i've got work awaiting me yet im deliberately shutting that thought out of my mind. I think this act of escapism - if i may term it as such - is extremely unhealthy. But what do i do? Continue to indulge in it of course! Sloth is a horrendous sin, i know. Even spiritual intervention cant help me because im not even helping myself.
I think one of my strengths is also my biggest flaw - that is i can do something without stopping (sometimes even going without food and/or sleep); BUT, when i do stop, it is a huge difficulty to get started again. Which, once again, is the case right now. I've been working on my project proposal for a few days, and now that that has been completed (yesterday), im locked in inertia mode, unable to move on to my next assignment. So then, im stationed in the midst of no-man's-land, submerged only in time and tide.
Is it because the tedious journeying of every voyage has burnt out the fuel of motivation in me? Is it because the propellers of dynamism have been mentally and psychologically worn out? Or are these just mere fashionable excuses consciously concocted to camouflage and evade the vicious fact that im basically an indolent bum?
This extremity is such an abhorrent disease and one that i know only i have the ability to cure. Yet, the irony lies in how the cure IS the disease. If there is no stimulus to jumpstart the engine, how can i get to the dock?


No comments:
Post a Comment