Monday, October 28, 2002

Virtual Reality

Avril Lavigne - Losing Grip

Hmm...after reading so many of Janelle's melancholic blog entries, I'm still in doubt as to whether she is truly undergoing some emotional setback; or, is it just an activity to indulge in as she had clarified some time ago.

Whenever I read her poems/prose, her words somehow seem to strike a chord. It's as though I'm reading my own blog entries, except that the circumstances in both situations vary. And of course, hers is sketched in an abstract form, decorated with beautiful words which all the more serve to enhance the underlying pathos; unlike my direct horribly-styled narration.

Yet, to me, the grounds for each blog entry simplistically depicts the shared struggle lying beneath each and every one's public front. It could be because anyone in the same plight (though with different conditions) would be able to fully comprehend such experiences. But even then, the first impression one gets when faced with such depressing thoughts could also shake that person's emotional stand and allow us to reconsider our position in life.

Whatever it is, we are always not alone. It'll be perplexing and worrying if the box is opened and uncovered. That's why perhaps this is the only alternative. Blogs rock. Haha.

P.S.: Jan, if you happen to read this, please forgive me if I'm still wrong about this matter. It's a well-known fact that I'm really awful at solving puzzles and a failure at prac crit too.

No comments: