Thursday, November 07, 2002

Tackey & Tsubasa - True Heart

Darn. Just my luck to have bought this concert VCD when I actually downloaded it 2 days back. I reckoned it would be different from those illegally circulating online so I took the risk and placed my bet with the HMV voucher I had on hand. And well well, look what I've got in return...Grr. No wonder it was $15.95 and had the pirated packaging (it has to be, it's produced in China).

Okok, tell me Im greedy and easily tempted. But it was really brain-exhausting trying to get it out of my mind. I was contemplating for quite a while ever since I caught sight of it. Hey, that entire shelf of Jay Chou was staring at me the moment I stepped into HMV, how could I not glare back?! I did try resisting but I have to admit that he is one mighty fellow. The impact was so overwhelming, I had to surrender.

Oh well, pretty relieved I didnt get the [DVD version] (hellooo...it's thrice the price! I must be psychotic to buy it!)

Honestly, even though the quality might be perfectly flawless, it would just be a cover-up for the recording. judging from all the different concert versions I've seen, it was obvious that there were lots of technical glitches that night. His voice was barely noticeable. Yeah the costumes were marvellous, but the sound quality sucked. Anyway, it's not really all that worth it. I mean, no sane person would have the patience to finish watching a full concert of a colorful jay chou performing along to the miserable background echoes...right?

No comments: